What is a pressure reducer?
A pressure reducer is a special valve that is used to the input and output pressure of theOxygen bottle to regulate.
When is a pressure reducer used?
Pressure reducers are used in very different areas:
- Medical oxygen bottles
- Drinking water systems
- Gas system
- House technic
How do you assemble a pressure reducer?
Before assembling the pressure reducer, you should read the instructions for use and especially the safety instructions of the manufacturer.
In the following steps we explain how to assemble a pressure reducer:
- Place the pressure regulator on the zero position
- Check the cleanliness of the pressure control thread and connections. Dirt particles, oil or lubricating fat are taboo.
- Check whether the seals are the right size and are undamaged. This applies in particular to the often used O-rings.
- Unscrew the bottle cap from the oxygen bottle (if available) and remove the plastic lock cap.
- Screw the pressure reducers: screw the pressure reducer after checking the O-ring or the seal using the hand connection to screw on the bottle valve, tighten with a fork key.
How do you remove a pressure reducer?
If you want to remove the pressure reducer, you must first make all lines presseless. This means that you have to close the bottle valve and drain the residual gas from the pressure reducer.
If the front pressure and rear pressure manometers no longer show pressure, the pressure reducer can be carefully loosened. Remove the pressure reducer carefully because there could still be remaining pressure.
What do you have to pay attention to when buying a pressure reducer?
Which gas or liquid is suitable for the pressure reducer
Not every pressure reducer is suitable for every gas or liquid. There is a suitable pressure reducer for every medium (gas or liquid). Make sure that the pressure reducer is approved for the gas used.
Make sure that the body of the pressure reduced is best made of nickel -plated brass and the flow meter housing is made of stable polycarbonate. In addition, the manometer, which shows the pressure of the bottle content, should be protected against bumps. In particular, pressure reducers for oxygen bottles must be specially certified and a robust construction. Oxygen is a brand -promoting gas that can cause violent reactions with other fabrics.
Integrated overpressure safety valve
Thanks to an integrated overpressure safety valve, the pressure reducer and all connected devices are protected against overpressure by a built-in relief device (safety valve).
How do you clean a pressure reducer?
A simple disinfectant is sufficient for cleaning. They should only clean the pressure reducer on the outside with mild cleaning solutions.