The most important functions of the Zoll® AED 3 defibrillator
- Semi-automatic with automatic heart rhythm detection: After application of the adhesive electrodes, the Zoll® AED 3 defibrillator automatically analyzes the heart rhythm. If ventricular fibrillation or a threatening cardiac arrhythmia is detected, the device activates defibrillation. You must press the shock button yourself.
- Cardiac massage assistant: Thanks to Real CPR Help technology, the defibrillator assists first responders by guiding them to perform correct chest compressions. It sets the pace of 100 compressions per minute while measuring the depth of pressure. The Zoll® AED 3 provides acoustic information about the quality of the cardiac massage.
- Shock analysis during chest compressions: Even during manual chest compressions, the device analyzes whether another shock should be performed and charges while you are still performing your chest compressions. As a result, hands-off times as short as three seconds can be achieved, increasing the chances of survival by 10-15 percent. In comparison, hands-off times for other devices are 20-25 seconds.
- Automatic self-tests to monitor functionality: The defibrillator can be registered online in Zoll's PlusTrac™ AED Program Management System. The current status of functionality is sent to PlusTrac™ at regular intervals. In the event of a defect, you will be contacted directly. In addition, we remind you of Mein Arztbedarf you every 5 years to replace the battery and pads, so you don't have to worry about anything.
Who can buy an AED?
Purchasing an AED comes with no legal restrictions. This means that anyone is eligible to purchase an AED.
Training according to the Medical Devices Act:
Dr. Daniel Pehböck offers you a 30-minuteonline trainingonline training. There you will learn the correct start-up and usage instructions for your AED.
Advantages over other defibrillators
- Clear and understandable voice instructions with image display: The Zoll® AED 3 Defi features a color display with lifelike operational images, a CPR cycle timer, and a large, color-coded bar graph that indicates the depth of CPR compressions. This allows it to guide lay rescuers through resuscitation in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Voice instructions available in multiple languages: You can have your defibrillator configured in the language of your choice upon request.
- 1-pad system for children and adults: The electrodes of the Zoll® AED 3 defibrillator can be used on both adults and children. This saves you time in case of emergency to change the pads and you do not have to buy them in duplicate.
- Quickly switch to child mode by pressing the child button: If you are resuscitating a child, all you have to do is press the "child mode" button. By pressing the. The device simply switches to the protocol for a child resuscitation.
- 6 years warranty: The Zoll® AED 3 has a manufacturer's warranty of six years. By registering your AED, the warranty can be extended for two years.
- Battery lasts up to five years in standby mode
- Protected against dust and water: The Zoll® AED 3 defibrillator has achieved the IP55 classification. This means: The housing of the device is protected against dust and water.
- Data transfer to your PC: Thanks to USB connection and WLAN, you can transfer the resuscitation data to your computer. This allows you to complete the doctor's letter and the patient's medical history.
Disadvantages to other defibrillators
- No ECG display: In contrast to the Zoll® AED 3 BSL defibrillator the Zoll® AED 3 does not have an ECG display.
Ideally suited for:
- Doctors and medical practices
- Rescue organizations
- Private users